[bf1942] Memory Leaks in Linux server?

Patrick Gavin wezelboy at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Jul 3 18:33:23 EDT 2003

Don't forget- linux will try to use all available memory for filesystem
caching. When you run top, the amount of memory used for filesystem
caching is listed under "cached". In theory, this can be treated as
free memory, but in certain versions of the linux kernel, notably the
early 2.4 kernels, this is not the case.

-P