[bf1942] quick question

Neil Brown neil at twistedsquare.com
Wed Jan 8 18:17:10 EST 2003

At 04:05 PM 08/01/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Is it possible to run the dedicated server on a multi-homed system
>accessible via a lan?

I have a similar system set up and earlier tried to run a linux
server.  Unfortunately the processor is not too quick (667mhz) - is this
the reason why I had almost constant connection problems (ie the connection
problem warning up on the screen)?  I presume it must be a speed reason as
I was getting that despite accessing it through a LAN.

But the thing I actually wanted to know (which I think might be useful to
know for many people) is what to change on my firewall to allow me to host
a (windows) server to the net.  I tunnelled the port 14567 through to my
internal machine but that didnt seem to work - people couldnt connect to my
server.  Should I redirect UDP traffic as well or another port too?  Or did
I just not set it up right do you think?

Any help appreciated,

Neil.

PS good job on the linux server, keep up the good work!