[bf1942] Level init.con file not found

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Thu Dec 25 19:14:06 EST 2003

ScratchMonkey wrote:
>> Text: Level init.con file not found:bf1942/levels/gazala/Init.con

I've seen this error when the map name in maplist.con doesn't precisely
match the filename in the levels folder (including case). Make sure they do.

> After looking more, I found one of the DC tarballs had unpacked into a
> Mods (not mods) directory, and I suspect the server goes looking there
> and doesn't find the BF1942 directory and dies. So there might be a
> search path issue in the binary.

I know for a fact that the tarball created by Sasch works great. I have
this mirrored here, if you want a fresh start:

http://fez.cracksmokingmonkeys.net/files/DesertCombat_0.6-full-server.tar.bz2

James