Level init.con file not found

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Thu Dec 25 19:04:51 EST 2003

All of a sudden my server won't start, and the console reads:

> ./start.sh: using dynamically linked binary
> Bf1942 Error: Debug assertion failed!
>
> Module:
> File:
> Line: 0
>
> Text: Level init.con file not found:bf1942/levels/gazala/Init.con
>
> Current confile:

What could be going wrong?

I just installed the DC server files but I'm pretty sure I didn't overwrite
anything in the BF tree.

After looking more, I found one of the DC tarballs had unpacked into a Mods
(not mods) directory, and I suspect the server goes looking there and
doesn't find the BF1942 directory and dies. So there might be a search path
issue in the binary.