[bf1942] Punkbuster confirmed for 1.6

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Tue Dec 2 21:45:36 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, December 02, 2003 7:48 PM +0100 RookieWan <rookiewan at cistron.nl>
wrote:

> Basically this is the way cheaters ruined UT1 by byte hacking the protection
> packages :/ They didn't bother updating their bots etc, just upload a hacked
> UTpure to your system and everything is up and running within a day after
> the latest anti-cheat protection was installed.
>
> I should hope BF/ PB have learned from this, as the situation above totally
> ruined UT1 as a fun game for me. I will await the new 1.6 patch eagerly :)

Do you have a technical suggestion? You can't achieve total security as long
as you don't have physical control of the client. The best you can do is
frequent updates to invalidate the byte hacking of the cheaters faster than
they can keep up.