[bf1942] Punkbuster confirmed for 1.6

Andreas Fredriksson andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Tue Dec 2 16:52:33 EST 2003

PB works with multiple BF hosts by relying on the overlayPath feature
(also available on win32 with 1.6) and keeps a separate pb installation
for each instance.

There are commands available to control the automatic update procedure
you can use to set the amount of simultaneous updates and you can also
try to force an update if DNS resolution has been stalled or if a previous
update attempt failed due to other network issues.

I've added threaded DNS resolution to the server to avoid any DNS lockups,
but this might also mean that PB might not be able to update itself when
a DNS query has been stalled for a long time, so admins using PB will want
to learn about how to tweak the updating.

This info will of course be available in the online documentation for the
system.

// Andreas