[bf1942] OT: Odd screen resolutions

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Mon Dec 1 17:47:56 EST 2003

Edit the Video.con and Videodefault.con files, change the values to 1280
1024 manually (or whatever value you want), then make the files read only.

However, I've tried this, and there is a problem. The in-game fonts are
designed for a 4:3 ratio, not 5:4, so assuming your native resolution is
1280x1024 (or something that is a 5:4 ratio instead of 4:3), the fonts
become almost unreadably bad.

Here's an example:

http://fez.cracksmokingmonkeys.net/ScreenShot24.jpg

Personally, I find that my LCD scales to native resolution well enough
that I can run at 800x600 or whatever and it looks fine (and the fonts
look normal too).

Cheers,

James