[armyops] [aao] Start Error

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Fri Dec 30 05:13:03 EST 2005

> Resolved simplembs.armygame.com (216.69.161.65)
> CTRL-C has been pressed.
>
> appRequestExit(0)

I assume you really DID hit CTRL-C at this point, probably because the
server froze up at this point.

Make sure the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.10 is set before
running the server and that won't happen.

This has to do with how we build the software to keep it binary
compatible, and something a new piece of middleware in 2.5.0 is doing
with threads. Ultimately we're going to force people to use the latest
glibc and NPTL and the problem will go away.

--ryan.