[armyops] FAQ or Archive for armyops at icculus.org

D. Hines daveh at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 8 23:16:09 EST 2003

Thanks for your reply

I did have a look at the linux forums at americasarmy.com (prior to
joining the list, even) - there is indeed some useful information there,
but I didn't quite find what I was after there.  When I'm done here I'm
going to have a peek at the lgfaq.

After I posted here, I got to looking at the files in
armyops/System/Config and I found what I was really after.  For some
reason, I can't select any resolution in the game other than 640x480 or
800x600 - nothing else appears in the dropdown menu.  I discovered in
the file armyops/System/Config/Boston.txt a series of lines with the
'setres' command:

bind 5 setres 640x480
bind 6 setres 800x600
bind 7 setres 1024x768
bind 8 setres 1280x960

So I ran the client, and used setres to change my resolution from the
console.  Of course, this doesn't explain why alternate resolutions are
unavailable in my setup dialogue, but I can live with that mystery for
now ;)

Cheers,
-D.