My Autopsy :)

Alien II alien_ii at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:17:39 EDT 2003

Ok guys,

I have played around with some stuff, found a new bug, and the possible
cause for the low fps :)

First off, the new bug... I was in the game and everything was fine (with
sound) and when the new round started... no sound... i played the round and
exited and got this error in console:

SDL: Audio timeout - buggy audio driver? (disabled)
audio: Bad file descriptor

Ok... now to the low fps. I was able to get 330 FPS on the main menu
(offline) so i tried a few tricks (netspeed 6000 -- tells the server that i
can only send/receive up to 6kb/sec), and immediatly my fps started being
stable around about 25fps instead of lower... in my opinion this means that
icculus made a mistake somewhere in the netcode *runs* :P

-Alien II
P.S. By getting ~330FPS offline with the interface, it proves there are no
fps limits of some kind.