[aquaria] massive pile of patches now in icculus tree...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu Apr 21 14:44:25 EDT 2011

A metric ton of fixes, optimizations and improvements (141 changesets,
some of them quite large and all of them very useful) have just landed
at http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/aquaria ...

Thanks to Andrew Church, who not only did all this work, but also took
the time to clean all the patches up for inclusion in my repo.

This doesn't include Andrew's PSP work, except for changes that benefit
everyone. If you want to run Aquaria on a PSP or some other low-resource
handheld device, you want to be looking at his repository still.

Please note that this includes Andrew's single-lua-state work, which is
a significant optimization, but means a few rule changes about how you
write Lua scripts for Aquaria...it's nothing unreasonable, but you just
need to be a bit more careful than you had to be before. Plan accordingly.

All his work has been categorized into various named branches if you
just want certain pieces. The default branch has all of these changes
merged, so if you want everything, just update to the tip and you're
good to go.

If there are still patches floating out there for Aquaria that I should
apply to my Mercurial repository, assume I've missed them and resend
them to the list and I'll get them into revision control.

Otherwise, let's all thank Andrew for the serious amount of work he put
into merging these patches!

--ryan.