[aquaria] Windows compilation help

Pontos daemonpontos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 02:06:46 EDT 2010

What are you using to compile the game? MinGW alone or MinGW inside a
MSYS environment? For MSYS/MinGW you need to run cmake like this:

cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" ..

The .. is because it's better to do it on a subfolder inside aquaria
(Name it cmake-build, given that Mercurial is configured to ignore that
name). If you're not using Msys then change MSYS for MinGW. That should
generate a proper makefile.
The repository lacks internal libraries for the Windows platform, so you
need to have both OpenAL and SDL development libraries in your environment.

Speaking of which, Programmer2 submitted a patch that makes Cmake use a
set of internal libraries for MSVC in case that they are not found. The
problem is that those libraries weren't added to the repository
alongside the patch, so for now compiling with MSVC is potentially
broken, given that cmake may try to link libraries that do not exist.
Maybe you should check that, Ryan.