[aquaria] Aquaria port for OS4 PPC

Andrea Palmatè andrea at amigasoft.net
Thu Jun 10 04:14:23 EDT 2010

Il 09/06/2010 17.07, Ryan C. Gordon ha scritto:

>> Instruction pointer 0x6F4BBD2C belongs to module "libstdc++.so"
>> (PowerPC)
>
> Buggy C++ compiler, or buggy C++ runtime?
ok, linking stdc++ statically cure the problem and the games starts (the
dynamic linking of libstdc++ will be addressed later)
But there is a problem with textures since when the game starts nothing
is displayed on the menu except for the shining circle mouse pointer and
the aquaria version number. All is black and this seems a wrong texture
Also the speed seems poor since the mouse pointer scattered all around
the screen.
I'm trying it also on an ubuntu machive virtualized on windows and it
seems slower than my poor 533mhz amiga.. but this could depends from
missing 2d acceleration.
BTW, i'm sure that the game can be improved.
Thank you
--

*Andrea Palmatè*
http://www.amigasoft.net