[airstrike] Missile "Bonus"

Ulf Ekström uekstrom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 11:07:31 EST 2006

On 2/16/06, Erik Auerswald <auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 10:40:26PM +0100, Ulf Ekström wrote:
> > Hope this helps, write back and tell us about your progress.
>
> That indeed helped, but I chose a different way: Every time a missile is
> created it is assigned the seeker ai and the global_aim.missile target.
> If missiles should be used for other purposes (e.g. as biplane
> armament), another ai and/or target can be set after creating the
> sprite (I think).

Ok, that's fine as well. We should make some system for targeting to
that the missile can look for its own target, but that's for later.

> The missiles are relatively harmless due to the weak engine and bad turn
> radius, but IMHO this can be fine tuned later.

They shouldn't be too good, I think, there should be some skill
involved shooting the missiles as well as avoiding them. So it sounds
nice.  I will test tonight.

Ulf