[airstrike] Activity

Ulf Ekström uekstrom at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:49:14 EST 2004

Hi!

> > Actually I have started to work on the game again. I don't know if you
> > are (or even would like to be) recieving email at CVS commits, but if you
> > do head over to https://admin.lysator.liu.se/Login and change your
> settings.
>
> It's such a long time since I did anything with it, that I've forgotten my
> password (SSH key handles CVS stuff).  Is there any interface which
> would mail me my password?

Yes. I told it to send you a new password.

> > I am also working to replace the level description language with
> > something simpler and easier to code for.
>
> I guess with this the features we've discussed about will be easier to do?
> E.g. being able to chain things for levels where player should first do
> one (level specific) thing and only then another or where player control can
> be transmitted from one object to another (e.g. from plane to parachute to
> dragon)?

I hope so. One thing that is very easy to do would be something like a command

when biplane dead "set_ai player1 dragon",

meaning that the command "set_ai player1 dragon" would be executed when
the condition  "dead" for the sprite with tag "biplane" is fulfilled.
Then we have to add a little "daemon" which checks for these
conditions, but that should be easy.

> I'll try next week to convert the rest of the levels to the new format,
> hopefully also bonus parser (used on levels 3 & 4).

Great!

> What about the plane damage & dying and having multiple players?
> This would be needed for making the game playable again... :-/

Yes, indeed. Multiple players work already, I should just include the
damage again.

Ulf