[airstrike] new clouds

Lutz-Peter Hooge lpvader at gmx.de
Fri Apr 16 12:31:02 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:56:38 +0200, Ulf Ekström <ulfek at ifm.liu.se> wrote:

> No, definitely not, there's just a lot to do in real life. We have
> improved the engine a lot internally, with our own level description
> laguage and so on, so right now it's just a matter of implementing the
> sprites and levels as needed.

Good to hear the project isn't dead.

btw, is the Todo-List (http://www.ifm.liu.se/~ulfek/todo/) up to date?
I wonder how the Biplane left<->right turn is supposed to work, since it
requires the plane to be in a certain position (horizontal) and to stay that
way during the turning animation...

> I am really impressed! These will definitely be included in the next
> release. Now that you are submitting pov files I remeber that we need
> a proper licence for these files, as the GPL is not really suitable
> (it mentions "the program" a lot). What do you think?

IMHO the GPL is ok for pov files, since they ARE some kind of program/script.
But if I understand the GPL correctly, the generated sprites are not covered
by it (since they aren't really a compiled form of the scripts).

Lutz-Peter