[airstrike] what about...

Rob van Putten r.vanputten at hexapole.com
Mon Dec 23 03:07:21 EST 2002

Hi,

first my response to Eero's question

A package that contains the current tuxtank source including the tank images
can be obtained from
www.nedlinux.nl/~delphiro/tuxtank/tuxtank.tar.gz
The file is approx. 700kB
(I'm busy with the sourceforge versioning system but until that time this will do :-)

Now to a feature which I think will add up to the fun of playing airstrike;
'real time landscape deformation' (..this sounds like the latest M$ directx technique
but I couldn't come up with a better describtion :-)

This is something I use in my game and I think it is fun. If you drop a bomb
in airstrike the bomb explodes and that's it - the landscape does not show
any holes or damage. But if Ulf is already thinking of
a particle engine (I have one in tuxtank though I doubt if you could learn
from my code :-) why not add this feature as well?

Another thing that I want to say is that your code is realy good. I guess you
have a lot experience with C. Must be the swedish climate, long nights,
long winters and lots of computer time :-)
(by the way I've been to Sweden (walked part of the 'Kungsleden') and you
really live in a beautiful country.. only those annoying mosquitoes..)

Regards,
Rob