[sdlsound] playsound error:MPGLIB: Free format not supported.

Kevin Nowaczyk beakerboy99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 14:33:55 EST 2007

Here's a followup.  It appears that only ~some~ mp3's
give this error.  I found some that work in playsound.
 When I run `file` against the working files I see
it's of file type:
Apples_in_Stereo_-_Signal_in_the_Sky.mp3: MP3, 128
kBits, 44.1 kHz, JStereo

whereas a "bad" file is of type:
01_-_Stay_Where_You_Are.mp3: MP3 file with ID3 version
2.3.0 tag

is there a problem with the way SDL_sound handles ID3
v2 tags?

Kevin Nowaczyk