playsound error:MPGLIB: Free format not supported.

Kevin Nowaczyk beakerboy99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 12:20:05 EST 2007

I've just compiled libao, libmad, libid3tag, and
mpg321 from source successfully.  mpg321 can play mp3
files, but playsound does not.  I saw checks for ogg
and flac files when running the SDL_sound configure
script, but nothing for mpeg.

Here is the output.  Note: I always see the
"audio_alsa: no cards found!" when playing ogg files
too, but the audio works.

Kevin

[kevin at pan SDL_sound-stable-1.0]$ sudo playsound
01_-_Stay_Where_You_Are.mp3
audio_alsa: no cards found!
Now playing [01_-_Stay_Where_You_Are.mp3]...
Error in decoding sound file!
  reason: [MPGLIB: Free format not supported.].