[quake2] difference between glx and sdl opengl implementation

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Fri Mar 18 11:00:09 EST 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 00:32, Anders Storsveen wrote:
> I notice that SDL and glx rendering looks different. Its the same
> difference that used to be between nvidia and 3dfx when in windows. glx
> looks the way 3dfx did, with its yellow-ish graphics and sdl looks like
> nvidia did, with more orange/brown colors. I have always liked the
> glx/3dfx colors better, too bad the mouse is better in SDL ... :/

Yes.  I remember around 1999 when I bought my first 3DFX card - I was terribly
disappointed how the graphics changed from looking 'gothic' like crispness to
sort of like browny-orange (and very, very dark).

But since then, I got used to it, but still need to adjust gamma using SDL to
be able to see a damn thing.  Still, the best for Linux Quake2, I feel.

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."