[quake2] Problem with physics and high fps.

Karen Pouelle hockeyvixen at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 17 15:32:23 EST 2005

--- Anders Storsveen <wakko at generation.no> wrote:
> well my original problem with it wasnt that I wanted it gone, I wanted it
> be as in windows. because I had a "bug" that made me walk slower than a
> player with the same settings in windows. I actually lost a "sprint" over
> the edge (no bunnyjumping)... hehe

Perhaps you can use the speed exploit to win your sprint - lower than 10 fps,
and the server seems to "push" you along faster - not sure if that's due to
prediction or some math rounding bug.

Without more information, other than all things being equal but your Windows
client is winning the race, perhaps your Linux renderer is too slow or too
fast.   Try having your friend operate your client and you, his.  cl_maxfps
being equal and somewhat low, I'd try to find what else is different, as I
can't really speculate what could be the difference otherwise.  Given the
same code, you can get this sort of difference between compilers.  There's
really no way to tell without eliminating many of the possible variables.