[quake2] Re: [evil patch] hwgamma hack for voodoo1/voodoo2

O.Sezer sezeroz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:05:07 EST 2005

coyote at cojot.name wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, O.Sezer wrote:
>
>>> The diffs to the ref_gl/gl_rmain.c will break other arches (Most
>>> nostably Solaris/Sparc)..
>>

>> Can you explain? The only thing it does is
>> changing the order where the gamma check is
>> done.
>

> You're adding GL_GammaInit() to gl_rmain.c (shared by all arches) but
> the only place where it's defined is under src/code/linux/* if I'm not
> mistaken.. So the other arches (Solaris/IRIX) will not be able to
> compile ioq2 since they don't have a GL_GammaInit function..

Ah, sorry I didn't see that. How about adding stubs
to solaris/gl_glx.c and irix/rw_sdl.c ? (and probably
to win32/glw_imp.c and linux/rw_sdl.c).
Interestingly, in no other place are there any existence
of UpdateHardwareGamma(), but for anything other than
linux+glx, hwgamma seems to be false...

Regards,
Ozkan