[quake2] Icculus need fixes

qudos qudos qudos2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 04:02:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

First sorry, really i was very excited yesterday with this discovery,
never i tried to run mods with quake2 official binaries, in my linux
'life' i was running q2-icculus ever.

I can't to understand why as in windows every old/new mod with any
old/new engine works flameswly and nice at 90% (not requires to be
re-compiled) than in linux is 0-10%!!!

Yes, i'd noticed what is very difficult to fix all this stuff.
Quake2-Icculus is a complete new engine, sdl, joystick, q2max,... but
w/out mods compatibility.

Even if Eraser mod is compiled for q2-icculus, the p_trail.o from the
main linux package do the work and a little change in a file, now i
don't remember, the game will crash, the same for 3zb2, compiles fine
but with undefiied symbols at start, and of course some others mods
with sources relased.

So, ok if i want to play old mods then i must to run the official id binaries.

Again sry, i'm totally new in the q2 code, and also in the code.

Cheers