[quake2] quake2 3d

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Tue Jan 20 08:50:24 EST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:15:38 -0500, Brendan Burns <brendanburns at attbi.com>
wrote:

> It's black and white for now.  If someone could send me technical info
> on how to do the color blending as described in an earlier e-mail let me
> know...

You cannot obtain REAL color but there is a trick for obtaining some
color. Instead of converting the image to black and white and generating
red and blue with this info, you take the left image and remove the red
and blue channel. For the right eye, take the right image and remove red
channel and HALF of green channel. Some of the green image will pass
throug the blue filter obtaining a little extra color.

The resulting image feeling is like a good colored image but nearly
without greens. Check this link http://www.kastor.org.ar/~anv/3d1.jpg for
a sample of this technique.

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas