[quake2] Windows builds

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Sun Mar 2 13:45:12 EST 2003

>My main interest in the codebase right now is to understand it.

I happen to think it's a great codebase to dork with, since it
implements everything you'd want/need and it's pretty easy to follow.
 Not to mention compiles very fast.

>BTW, I don't see that many references to Glide or Rendition in the
>code!

I think there are lots of little things here and there that simply
make the code a little more complicated for not much benefit.  For
example, the Glide SST_GAMMA stuff is referenced on every single
platform (even irix!).  It could safely be removed IMO and would
increase the readability marginally.  Same with the REF_POWERVR,
REF_VERITE, etc.

If no one objects, I'll start yanking that stuff out.

I'm willing to do that work on the Windows side -- someone can/should
remove it as well from the non-x86 stuff, since AFAIK there was never
a Voodoo board for Solaris =)

Brian