Retexturing/Release Updates

Brendan Burns brendanburns at attbi.com
Tue Jul 22 20:28:10 EDT 2003

Folks,
I've added the retexturing code to CVS, here's the howto:

1) update quake2 from CVS
2) update the Makefile to reflect your local settings.  Note that a new
build option BUILD_RETEXTURE has been added.  It works with both
quake2max and vanilla quake2
3) rebuild (you shouldn't need a "make clean" before building)
4) download pak10.pak, pak11.pak, pak12.pak pak13.pak pak14.pak
pak15.pak pak16.pak from http://3d.kicks-ass.net/texturepaks into your
baseq2 directory.
5) start quake2 and enjoy.

Many thanks to Karen and everyone else who helped kick my ass into
getting this into the source.

Now that its officially part of the 2.6 kernel, I'm working on an
alsa-native version of the sound code.  Once that is finished, (next
week or two) I'll do another release. (patience, patience)

Also many of the FreeBSD clean-ups mentioned on the list have been
merged back into CVS.

Let me know if you have any trouble/comments.
The new textures seem to slow down my machine (PIII 500) but its still
playable...

--brendan