[quake2] Porting latest Quake2Max to Linux

Brendan Burns brendanburns at attbi.com
Sun Jul 13 22:24:30 EDT 2003

Josh,
The error message which you are getting means that elsewhere (in
another .h file (probably types.h)) there is another typedef.  A
typedef is a way of telling the compiler:

typedef A B
see this type A which you already know about,  I want to define a type
B which is equivalent.

So chances are good (check the icculus q_shared.h to be sure) that
those typedefs are not in our headers.

On a (possibly more important) note, our plan regarding the q2max
sources is to integrate the graphics improvements into our source base,
not migrate over to the q2max source wholesale (since it is missing
many of the linux specific improvements)

What this means is that while I'm sure getting q2max to build on linux
will be a great learning experience for you, I'm not sure that it will
result in anything that we will be able to merge back in to the icculus
source base.

I don't mean to discourage you (on the contrary I think its a great way
to learn) I just wanted to make sure that you weren't disappointed in
the end.

Thanks!
--brendan