Thoughts on the q2max port.

Joshua Barney derewuff at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 23:01:01 EDT 2003

Compiled great on my system!  I had no problems with installation
whatsoever.

Unfortunately the port still relies on the old quake 2 source that
required one to put in that /etc/quake2.conf, so that means that it
isn't compiled against SDL.

So fullscreen is right out.  Keyboard behavior can be a little
annoying at times, with stuck keys and such.  Text and icons are
garbled, and the mouse is unuseable.

All of this would be solved if SDL were used instead.

It'd be fantastic if the icculus.org port were somehow merged with
the .43 q2max port...

~ Joshua

=====
"You can't have bread and loaf."