[quake2] Non-regression oriented Testers wanted.. :)

Carsten Ziepke kieltux at sendmail.ru
Fri Oct 25 04:37:02 EDT 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:21:22 -0400 (EDT)
Vincent Cojot <coyote at step.polymtl.ca> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have made a couple clean ups for the infamous glXGetConfig problem
> which is now a qglXGetConfig routine..
>
> Can some linux/intel people test it? The complete source package is
> at: http://step.polymtl.ca/~coyote/quake2-r0.0.15.2.tar.gz

Hello Vincent,
just made some quick test with your release:
System: Kernel: 2.4.16, Athlon 600, Voodoo3 3000
            XFree 4.2, gcc 2.95.3, SDL 1.22 ( oops, time for an update )
            Mesa DRI Voodoo3 20010501 x86 1.2 Mesa 3.4.2

Both, quake2 and sdlquake2, are working like a charm. I`m usualy using sdlquake2, because
of the much better sound for me.
Just one problem: brightness is not working in the qmax version. It works in the non-qmax version.

And I have a general problem - not only with your release - with shadows ( I like them very much ): If I use the qmax version, it is much slower, when using the shadows ( gl_shadows "1" ).
If I use the non-qmax version, there is no visible difference in the speed. Any tweaks ?

Because of your mcop warning: Maybe you need to enable BUILD_ARTS in the makefile ?

Bye,
Carsten
P.S: Last weekend I played first time several hours quake2 online ( using xqf to find quake2 servers )... What a great fun ! But I was much to slow :-)