[quake2] Spark of death

Russell F Mellinger ;011;icsg1; rfm4792 at cs.rit.edu
Sun Oct 6 13:52:22 EDT 2002

Hey again,

I agree, the machine gun and both shotguns cause it, I've been trying to
isolate it.  It happens when only shotgun fire hits a wall or the floor,
but I haven't been able to figure out what causes it yet.  I think the
"something's not being initialized" is a good guess, because it DOES seem
to not happen on the first level you play; on my system if I run
timedemo1; map demo1.dm2, the first run through it's fine, but subsequent
runs every shotgun shot triggers one.

My plan was also to disable relevant effects until it stopped, now that
I've got a way to reproduce the glitch it shouldn't take that long.

-smack