Solaris

marc.poulhies at epfl.ch marc.poulhies at epfl.ch
Tue Mar 12 08:02:08 EST 2002

Hi !
i'm back from holydays, and i can work again on the solaris thing.
I received a mail from Vincent telling he's got some solaris stuff and that we
should discuss about it here ;)

As i'm new to solaris and only use it at school, i can't really say exactly
what is my hardware, if you can tell me how to know ;)
Here's what i can get:

gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
SunOS in3sun45 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

the only way i had to know the name of the 3d card was to start quake2, but
during the holydays, admin cleaned disks, i have to download again the 100Mb.

The latest thing i did with quake2 is compiling the X11 and SDLGL drivers (no
sound and no input (don't know why neither the keyb or mouse dont work...))

marc