[quake2] quake2 eye candy question

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Wed Jun 12 20:04:00 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:56:32PM -0500, Jeremy Brenner wrote:
> so I could use eyecandy with sdl? pardon my ignorance

Right.

when you use "software rendering", eg, "ref_softx" [look for the .so
in your quake2 dir], iirc it uses standard X stuff.

When you use "the openGL rednerer", eg, "ref_glx", it uses OpenGL.

Can't remember exactly waht the SDL one is, probably something like
ref_sdl. It uses SDL.

The eyecandy one will also be a separate renderer. Most probably,
it'll be based on OpenGL stuff.

If you're hoping for tons & tons of eye-candy while using a
software-based renderer, it's unlikely to happen, I'm afraid.

Gary (-;