[quake2] quake2 eye candy question

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Jun 12 04:05:03 EDT 2002

> However, always remember to clearly ask yourself before making every
> single CVS commit with such changes: Am I changing the original feel
> of the game ? Just thought I'd voice my opinion, not that it matters,
> but still 8)

Well, again, changes should be optional. Ideally, they should be toggled
with cvars, but that's not always reasonable, so they should at least be
removable with #ifdefs at build time.

Then again, I'm talking out my butt, since I don't plan to offer those
patches.  :)

(However, I _will_ throw together the initial autoconf stuff if Brendan
expresses an interest.)

--ryan.