[quake2] quake2 eye candy question

Mental Patient mental at neverlight.com
Tue Jun 11 23:23:02 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 22:42, brendanburns at attbi.com wrote:

> I'm definitely interested in seeing the OpenGL
> improvements/port that you've done.  If you send the
> patches to the list we'll incorporate them into CVS.  I
> think they would make sense both for the GLX and SDL
> OpenGL video drivers.

Well, you can see shots via the links in my previous email. Regarding
patches, I'm an utter novice at this whole 'game thing' and really, I'm
not very good at C either.

My current plan is to talk psychospaz through patching his sources.
Evidently visual c++ either doesnt have or he doesnt know about a patch
utility. Or I simply dont know the correct terminology to explain the
concept to a visual c++ guy. I've never done any windows development, so
I'm unable to really tell.

Once the goo I need is in his port, I'll take a wild stab at porting his
work (its his eye candy, I just hacked to work on linux) to your
codebase. I really have no idea how long it'll take as I have a short
attention span, I've never done anything like this before, and
neverwinter nights just went gold :)

Fortunately I've found that ctags makes navigating the code a LOT
easier.I'll do my best to take it slow and do one feature at a time.

How do we (you) feel about external library dependencies? He's using
libjpeg to do some image loading, which causes the game.so and
ref_glx.so to link to a fairly common library on most systems.

--

Mental (Mental at NeverLight.com)

There was a power outage at a department store yesterday.
Twenty people were trapped on the escalators.
--Steven Wright

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/Mental.asc