[physfs] PhysicsFS 3.0.2 released!
Ryan C. Gordon
icculus at icculus.org
Mon Mar 18 15:15:52 EDT 2019
( This work was funded by my Patreon! If you like me working on things
like PhysicsFS and other useful pieces of code, consider throwing some
money in the pot: https://patreon.com/icculus )
PhysicsFS 3.0.2 is now available.
This is a collection of small fixes to 3.0.1. All 3.0 users should
definitely upgrade right away.
You can grab it here...
...or from Mercurial with this command...
hg clone -u release-3.0.2 https://hg.icculus.org/icculus/physfs
...or just stare at the webview here...
No changes to the 1.0 or 2.0 branches are planned, even if they might
apply. Upgrade to PhysicsFS 3.
Notable changes in this release:
- physfsrwops: Patched to compile for use with SDL 1.2 (thanks, Rob!).
- 7zip: don't forget to destroy the PHYSFS_Io when closing the archive!
- ignorecase: Don't crash if enumeration returned a NULL pointer.
- apple: Patched to compile with older (mac 10.7) SDKs (thanks, Ken and
- Fix up physfs.h for compilers that are sensitive about preprocessor
- PHYSFS_setWriteDir() shouldn't create an empty file if the dir doesn't
- windows: fix __PHYSFS_platformCalcUserDir() to work with everything
from Windows XP to Windows 10.
- PHYSFS_flush() no longer calls PHYSFS_Io::flush() (so we write
PhysicsFS's internal buffer to the OS file handle, but we don't force
that file handle to sync to physical media _RIGHT NOW_, which was making
PhysicsFS's buffered mode _slower_ than unbuffered in 3.0.x).
- PhysicsFS can now be built with #define PHYSFS_SUPPORTS_DEFAULT 0 to
turn off all archivers by default. This is useful if you plan to build a
PhysicsFS with only, say, .zip support and don't want to manage defines
for every other possible archiver to disable them.
- cmake: Special build target names ("dist" "docs" "uninstall") can be
renamed with a config option, if you're planning to use PhysicsFS's
CMake file in a subdirectory of another CMake project.
- Only flush file handles on close if they were opened for writing. This
fixes errors from Windows.
- Updated copyright year for 2019.
Thanks to those that reported these issues in 3.0.1, and those that
funded this work on Patreon! Enjoy!
More information about the physfs