[openbox] After first use of openbox, can't start a desktop environment without it

Parke parke.nexus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 15:19:39 EST 2021

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 10:55 PM Frisco Del Rosario
<friscodelrosario at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I installed OpenBox, after which the login screen at startup gives me a menu of Xubuntu session, Xfce session, LXDE, Unity, and OpenBox.
>
> If I select anything besides OpenBox, I can enter name and password, but on success, stuck on the login page. I'm restricted to taking the OpenBox menu option, then launching Xfce or LXDE from Terminal.
>
> Linux 4.16.18-galliumos
> Gallium OS 3.1
> OpenBox 3.6.1

I suspect your problem has more to do with Gallium OS than it does
with Openbox.  Specifically, the problem is probably in the
configuration files for your login manager.  (The login manager might
be LightDM, or it might be something else.)

Have you asked the Gallium OS community for support?

I guess the problem might be in the Openbox configuration files,
specifically the autostart.sh file.  But even then, the problem is
probably due to how Gallium OS has set up those configuration files.

I could be wrong, however.