[openbox] After first use of openbox, can't start a desktop environment without it

Frisco Del Rosario friscodelrosario at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 27 01:55:11 EST 2021

I installed OpenBox, after which the login screen at startup gives me a menu of Xubuntu session, Xfce session, LXDE, Unity, and OpenBox.

If I select anything besides OpenBox, I can enter name and password, but on success, stuck on the login page. I'm restricted to taking the OpenBox menu option, then launching Xfce or LXDE from Terminal.

Linux 4.16.18-galliumosGallium OS 3.1OpenBox 3.6.1