[openbox] use openbox along other window managers

D.T. ohnonot-github at posteo.de
Tue Apr 14 15:18:19 EDT 2020

On Wed, 2020-04-08 at 18:30 -0300, Lucaugusto wrote:
> Gnome shell. I'm kind of liking it, but if I start openbox the whole
> session crashes.

Just to clarify, I don't think you can have 2 windowmanagers.
GNOME is not a windowmanager but a desktop environment; it's WM is
called mutter I believe.
In the past it used to be possible to replace that with openbox, in a
GNOME session.
I have no idea if this is still possible; a quick web search should
help (OK, I looked, it's not possible).
I know for a fact that XFCE4 can use openbox as its windowmanager.

HTH