[openbox] switch to a window and then switch back

Łukasz Grabowski graboluk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 07:14:46 EDT 2016

Hi,

My setup is as follows: firefox is allowed to run only in desktop 1.
Whenever I press C-A-s (in any desktop) the following happens right now:

1) if I'm in a desktop different than 1 then move to desktop 1 and
bring up firefox window
2) If I'm in dekstop 1 then check if firefox is active. If it is then
minimize, if it is not then bring it up.

This is okayish. The better solution would allow to do the following:
let's say I'm in desktop 2. Then I press C-A-s and I see firefox window
on dekstop 1, then if I press C-A-s again then I should go back to
desktop 2.

Is it possible to achieve somehow?

This is reminiscent of key chains, but I wasn't able to use them.

Let me explain again to avoid misunderstandings:
1) Let's say I'm typing in a terminal while being on desktop 1. Then
pressing C-A-s should bring up firefox window, and pressing C-A-s again
should minimize firefox window.

2) Let's say I'm typing in a terminal while being on desktop 2. Then
pressing C-A-s should switch to desktop 1 and bring up firefox. Now if
I press anything but C-A-s,  then this should "break the key chain",
i.e. now the rules in 1) apply. But if I press C-A-s then I should go
back to desktop 2.

Best,
Łukasz