[openbox] Using Openbox with Wayland

Ranjan Maitra maitra at email.com
Mon Dec 19 09:13:46 EST 2016

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:09:51 +0100 Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 00:00:59 -0500, Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:
>
> > Yeh but it's probably still a long way out.
>
> And there may be alternatives... Currently I'm running Fedora w/ MATE
> instead of Gnome. And OpenBox, of course.

I am not sure what this means. The original question was whether Openbox (and similar WMs) could be run DE-less with Wayland. I don't want to give up on Fedora simply because I have used it for 13 years and also have made some contributions. (I guess I will move to arch if I have to.) But I don't also want to give up on using WMs in a DE-less environment.

Best wishes,
Ranjan