[openbox] Using Openbox with Wayland

Anthony Thyssen a.thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Sun Dec 18 19:24:19 EST 2016

I am currently using openbox on fedora 25 ... no problems,
Though it switched to a XOrg server (on tty2) for my session, rather than
run under Wayland (on tty1)

I run openbox from the 'orginal' scripted Xsession/XInitrc setup.
Which I launch by installing the package  "xorg-x11-xinit-session"
That lets me select a "User Script" session from the login screen (on tty1)

I don't know the mechanics of how it does this switch, but it worked
'out-of-the-box',  mostly as all my normal packages was installed.

I installed Fedora 25 into a new 'root' partition while running fedora 22.
As such I had all the packages I wanted installed even before I first boot
the system!
This was the first time I did it this way and after some experimenting it
worked great.
My notes on how to install (not upgrade) a new release, while running a old
release is in
http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/info/usage/fedora_on_new_partition.txt

WARNING: That update worked for EXT4 but I am missing something with grub
for handling a XFS root partitions. If anyone know what I missed please
contact me.