[openbox] Using Openbox with Wayland

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Sun Dec 18 15:37:20 EST 2016

Ranjan Maitra wrote:

  Thanks again to both Dana and Ian! This will be quite a problem for me to
  leave Fedora since I have spent over 13 years on it, and have been a
  contributor also. But I will ask on Fedora's mailing list about what the
  options are, since I also do not want to get tied down by an unnecessary
  DE.

I too have avoided using a DE. Every time I try one it seems to just get in
the way. But the world is headed in that direction.

I've had good luck with Arch. It's modular enough that you can add just
Xorg, add a WM if you want, or add any of the popular DEs if you want. I
suspect you can still do this with Fedora; you could last time I tried. But
it's probably easier with Arch. I have even installed Ubuntu with just Xorg
and Openbox, and that wasn't too hard.