[openbox] SKIP_TASKBAR hint and iconic state

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Mar 26 15:24:18 EDT 2015

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 08:28:18 +0200,
Alexey Korop <akorop at gmail.com> wrote:

Alexey> The situation is following. There are many applications that
Alexey> must works forever but normally must be fully invisible
Alexey> (LiteTran, Gtkclock, notecase, gnome-search-tool, mytetra,
Alexey> novprog, Hamster, Sylpheed...).  From time to time standing in
Alexey> the any desktop user may to have a look at some of
Alexey> them. Therefore these windows must be iconified, SKIPPED and
Alexey> placed on ALL_DESKTOP, and for have a look these applications
Alexey> there are several scripts assigned to the hotkeys.

For this type of program, I just have them on a separate desktop and I
switch to the desktop when needed.  But I am very conservative.