[openbox] Missing some actions, most importantly "GoToUrgentClient"

Mikael Magnusson mikachu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:27:57 EDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 7:27 PM, Klebezettel <klebezettel at gmx.net> wrote:
> Dear openbox users and developers,
>
> I've just switched from the awesome window manager to
> openbox and there are some bits that I couldn't figure yet
> out. I'm on openbox 3.5.2 and as far as I can tell, openbox
> 3.6 [1] can't help me with these either. Apart from that,
> thanks for this wonderful piece of software.

You should be able to do most, if not all, of these with clever
combinations of the If and ForEach (in 3.6) actions. Here's an example
for your #4 that I already have in my setup,

<keybind key="W-g">
  <action name="ForEach">
    <!--desktop>current</desktop-->
    <urgent>yes</urgent>
    <then>
      <action name="Focus"/>
      <action name="Raise"/>
      <action name="Stop"/>
    </then>
  </action>
</keybind>

Here's one that moves all windows up 21 pixels and to the left 1 pixel
(this is for when dev goes wrong and openbox crashes, everything gets
offset by the decor size),

<keybind key="M-A-F5">
  <action name="ForEach">
    <undecorated>no</undecorated>