[openbox] Openbox 3.6

Andrej N. Gritsenko andrej at rep.kiev.ua
Sat Jun 13 20:41:06 EDT 2015

    Hello!

Ian Zimmerman has written on Saturday, 13 June, at 17:02:
>On 2015-06-12 13:16 +0300, Andrej N. Gritsenko wrote:

>Andrej> Are you aware that libobrender in 3.6 is binary incompatible
>Andrej> with 3.5.x due to commit
>Andrej> 24bb21a124a088008524184add2e152501f3c554 ?

>Ouch.  Now we'll find out if there are other programs (besides openbox
>itself) that link to obrender.  If not, maybe this won't turn out to be
>a huge problem in practice, but I agree it should be fixed in any case.

Unfortunately there is, it's LXAppearance, configuration utility in LXDE,
its obconf plugin links to libobt and libobrender. There might be some
other programs too.

>Andrej> I would suggest to make change and release fixed version (3.6.1
>Andrej> perhaps) ASAP.

>Because of the project policies on these matters, it would probably be
>3.7.  See the top of configure.ac.

Well, MINOR was just increased, you may consider this as a bugfix, not a
real big change but missing reset on just two bytes. :)

    With best regards,
    Andriy.