[openbox] Default ShowMenu position

Alexey Korop akorop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 03:45:01 EDT 2015

Dana Jansens wrote on 06.04.2015 21:52:
 AK>     In my config are defined 16 keybinds with ShowMenu action.
 AK> I want show all these menus at the screen center. Now I must in
 AK> each of this 16 keybinds write
 AK>  May I somewhere write this only once without ugly
 AK>  copypasting?

 DJ> There may be some XML tricks you can do. I'm not familiar with
 DJ> any though, sorry.

  In other word, openbox config don't allow define this. It is strange a
bit. There is a highest level option <middle> and there is the lowest
level option <position> inside the ShowMenu action but there is no
middle level options.
  I think it is sane to add in the <keyboard> section new option
<ShowMenuPosition> that define the default menu placement for all
keybinds. Natural in each ShowMenu action may be defined own position as
now.
  In my case:

  <keyboard>
    <ShowMenuPosition>