[openbox] how to change language for pipemenus

TT turkuting at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 19:19:53 EDT 2014

Frank McCormick wrote:
> Well I found one of the problems -- when the extra needed Perl files
> (Linux/dump.pm etc etc) were installed they went into
> /usr/local/share/perl  instead of /usr/share/perl.
>

> I fixed that by copying them over
oh please don't do that. so much can go wrong. are you sure perl can't
find them otherwise? that would be a serious problem with your distro's
packet management.
or maybe you can reinstall those packages, this time to /usr/share?
> - but now when I insert a pipe menu using obmenu-generator using
> OBMenu...I get invalid output.
openbox is very roundabout with this error message - could be anything.
do this:
obmenu-generator -i -p> sometextfile
then, in menu.xml, change the pipemenu's command to
cat /full/path/to/sometextfile
now you can open sometextfile in an editor and try to find & repair the
error manually. this should give you an idea of what went wrong.
btw, what distro/system are you running?