[openbox] I Have Two Instances Of 'autostart.sh Running...

TT turkuting at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 01:50:57 EDT 2014

Micha wrote:
> Am 19.10.2014 03:50, schrieb E R:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> My specs;
>> Slackware 14.1 x86_64
>> Openbox 3.5.2
>>
>> When I look at htop I am seeing that autostart.sh is running twice
>>

>> sh /home/foo/.config/openbox/autostart.sh
>> sh /home/foo/.config/openbox/autostart.sh
>>
>> Why am I getting two instances of this instead of one?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Mii
> I can recall, I had that problem too, but under LX*DE*.
> All autostart-applications have been run twice.
> But there the DE was the culprit. What could cause such effect under
> pure Openbox, I have no clue.
it shouldn't keep on running anyway.
maybe you forgot to put an ampersand = & at the end of an application
that doesn't terminate by itself, typically the panel or conky.
if you're not sure, just add ampersands to the end of all commands.
i guess you would notice if it was really being executed twice (2
panels, 2 conkys...).

tt.