[openbox] disable resizing from top of window?

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sun Nov 9 23:33:07 EST 2014

E R <ears.box at gmail.com> wrote on Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 01:41:21PM -1000:
> On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to disable the ability to resize a window using the mouse when grabbing
> > the top edge of a window. I find that I keep accidentally resizing a window when
> > I'm just trying to grab its titlebar to move it. Is there a way to do this using
> > theme settings? I've looked through the theme documentation but haven't seen
> > anything that would do it. It appears that the resize area is controlled by the
> > padding.height setting, but even when that's 0 I get the resize cursor at the
> > top of the window (plus I don't like how compact it is with padding set to 0).
> >

> Alt - left click - drag window, it won't resize ... :)

Thanks. That works, but I don't want to use the keyboard for this. I found a way
that works better for me. In the rc file, I changed the action for the Left Drag
binding in the Top context to Move instead of Resize. I still get the resize
cursor, which isn't ideal, but at least the resizing doesn't actually happen
now.