[openbox] set working directory when starting Openbox

Crni Gorac cgorac at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:30:33 EDT 2014

I already did strace, and indeed one can find "chdir($HOME)" in the
listing - it happens somewhere in between syscalls to create
$HOME/.config/openbox/openbox.log file and
$HOME/.cache/openbox/sessions directory, so I strongly suspecting
Openbox is doing this current directory change, and this is why I
posted the question in the first place.

I wouldn't agree that changing current directory to $HOME is right
thing to do - current directory is "inherited" through exec*()
syscalls, and then further when "exec-ed" program forks child
processes (as Openbox is doing to start xterm).  I know I can achieve
what I want in number of other ways, but I was just curious why
Openbox is doing this current directory change...

Thanks.